Saturday, November 29, 2008

Now it's Really 8N08!!

I've finished the last two exercises for our technology project. I listened to a "Car Talk" podcast, and I downloaded Part 1 of Wayne Dyer's book, "10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace." I'm excited that now I might be able to find a use for the MP3 player that's been sitting in a drawer since last Christmas!! I'm a lot more comfortable downloading books and things now.

I'm also familiar with the social networking sites, MySpace and Facebook. My nieces and nephews all keep in touch with my kids through Facebook, so they may be surprised to find Aunt Pat on the site soon. I started setting up a profile, but it's not finished yet. In fact, Facebook alerted the family to a tricky family situation and we were able to correct things before anything bad happened. The social networking sites can be very useful.

I'm grateful for the 'gentle nudge' into the brave new world of technology. The various exercises we did were well-written and not that hard to do. I've learned a lot through this challenge.

No comments: